Mangaluru, Nov 29: An Inter-PU College Cultural and Literary Festival will be organised by Government First Grade College, Kavoor on December 7. Around 22 PU Colleges around Dakshina Kannada Districts have been extended invitation for this festival.
Team of teachers and student volunteers are working on the arrangement for the grand success of this festival. Four Competitions have been planned during this festival. Around 10 students from each college are to attend this festival.
The details of the events are as follows:
SUR SANGAM (Folk Song Singing Competition):
1. Six students make a team
2. Song can be sung either in Hindi or Kannada.
3. Karaoke or background music or instruments can be used. Instruments usage can be done by any of the six members. It is not compulsory.
4. Time limit is 3 + 1 minute.
PICTOPOETRY (Poetry Writing Competition):
1. One student is allowed per PU College.
2. Picture will be provided on the spot and based on it students are supposed to write a poem.
3. Poetry can be in Kannada or English
4. Poetry should not be for less than 16 lines.
5. Time Limit is 40 minutes.
MASTERMIND (Quiz Competition):
1. Two students make a team.
2. There will be two rounds - Prelims and Finals
3. Top Five teams will take part in the finals
4. It will be a General quiz.
KALA SANGAM (Drawing Competition):
1. One student from a college
2. Theme of drawing will be given on the spot
3. Time limit is 60 minutes.
4. Chart will be made available to all the participants. Colours and all other drawing requirements will have to be arranged by the participants.
Prominent guests and dignitaries will be gracing the occasion during the inaugural and valedictory ceremonies.