Mangaluru: House gutted in fire mishap at Kavoor

Pics: Dayananda kukkaje

Daijiworld Media Network - Mangaluru(DV)

Mangaluru, Jan 23: In a tragic incident, a house was gutted in a fire mishap at Myrodigudde, Palaneeru in Kavoor here on Monday, January 23.

The exact reason for the fire incident is yet to be ascertained.

The fire accident took place in the residence belonging to one Indira. She along with her two sisters Shantha, Ramani and a brother Yashwanth were residing in the house. On Monday at around 9 am, all had left on work. 

Locals spotted heavy smoke billowing from the house and managed to open the door by breaking open the door lock to douse the fire. Later, fire service officials rushed the spot. As concretization work of the road is in progress, the fire service personnel could not reach the spot on time.

Village accountant Ashritha Shetty and other revenue department officials rushed to the spot.

Mangaluru north MLA Dr Bharath Shetty visited the spot and assured help to renovate the house.

Speaking to media persons, MLA Bharath Shetty said, "Another fire accident was reported in Surthkal. We along with the party workers shifted the members of the house to a rented house by paying the deposit. The family will stay in a rented house till the house is repaired and renovated. Arrangments of groceries and other facilities have been arranged. Meanwhile, even this family will be shifted to a rented house. They will be provided with groceries and necessary things for daily need. The damaged house will be repaired and renovated as soon as possible."

He also said that as per the report from the panchayat, an application will be given to the chief minister urging him to release a grant from the CM's relief fund.

The residents of the house which was gutted, informed that they hail from a poor economic background. As all sisters and a brother go to work, they can manage the family. They also claimed that there were Rs 20,000 cash which was kept in the house to release mortgaged gold. They also informed that their clothes, television, refrigerator, and other important documents were charred in the fire mishap. A few gold ornaments which were released recently, were also burnt in the fire, they said.




Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Rita, Germany

    Tue, Jan 24 2023

    So sad when whole house is burnt with everything.Hope atleast their IDs are there .Someone must have forgotten to switch off their stove?Or any electric connection was defect´?Or one of them took the money kept inside and gutterd ?Hope they will get the promised money and help needed.

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • Agnes, Mangalore

    Mon, Jan 23 2023

    Only lip service then Bharath will disappear and appear near Savarkar circle.

    DisAgree Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse

  • CA Ned DCunha, Mangalore/Chikmagalur

    Mon, Jan 23 2023

    MLA Bharath Shetty is doing an excellent job. God bless him.

    DisAgree [35] Agree [14] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Raheja Waterfront

    Mon, Jan 23 2023

    Very Sad ...

    DisAgree Agree [16] Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title: Mangaluru: House gutted in fire mishap at Kavoor

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.