Daijiworld Media Network – Udupi (MS)
Udupi, Feb 5: A labourer of West Bengal origin died as he came in contact with an electrical wire while working as bar bender.
The deceased Kokanmanna, a native of West Bengal, was working as a bar bender for the last five years.
He was involved in the construction work of an apartment complex near the old market of Santhekatte for the past two months.
Bishu Das (52), a native of West Bengal, was working along with Kokanmanna. Bishu Das had tied a service electrical wire to the apartment building through a tree.
Bishu Das climbed the mango tree near the apartment in order to pluck mangoes and came in contact with the service wire of electricity that was tied to the tree. He fell down from the tree due to the jolt of electrical shock and died on the way to hospital.
It is accused that the apartment supervisor Allwyn Quadros and electrician Manjunatha are responsible for the death of Bishu Das.
A case in this connection is registered in city police station.