Couple charred to death in Yadgir

Yadgir, Mar 27 (IANS): A couple was charred to death in Karnataka's Yadgir district on Monday due to an electric short circuit.

The victims were identified as 39-year-old Ragaiah and 35-year-old Shilpa.

Due to the short circuit, a subsequent fire gutted a shop and an adjacent house where the couple was residing.

The victims could not come out of the house due to thick smoke emanating from the fire and were burnt alive.

Though the Fire Force and Emergency services personnel rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire, the couple could not be saved.

Saidapura police have registered a case in this connection and taken up the investigation.



Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title: Couple charred to death in Yadgir

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.