Mangaluru, Jun 17: Keeping in mind that Education is a joint venture between the school and parents, Mount Carmel Central school, Mangaluru conducted an orientation programme on 'National Curriculum Framework (NCF) for foundational stage’ to the parents of grade I and II on Saturday, June 17 in the school auditorium.
The programme commenced invoking the blessings of the Almighty. The principal Sr Melissa welcomed the audience and appreciated the presence of the parents for their interest in understanding the activity based learning and applauded the large number of the parents gathered. She briefed them in a nutshell the ideology behind the New Education Policy, specially the National Curriculum Framework at the foundational level. She also acknowledged the presence of the fathers who had come in large number and extended them the advance wishes for ‘Fathers’ Day’ to be celebrated on June 18.
The orientation was based on the guidelines issued by CBSE on NCF and the highlights were as follows:
• Teacher Neesha oriented how language can be developed through conversation and stories.
• How Songs and Rhymes support teaching and learning, how learning takes place from Indoor and Outdoor games, Art, Craft and Nature, another medium of learning was briefed by Teacher Ireal.
• Strategies for Literacy and Numeracy were explained by teacher Jacqueline.
• Approaches to teaching Mathematics through NCF through Experience Language Pictures and Symbols (ELPS) was clearly expressed by teacher Divyarani.
• Teacher Sheeba gave a few guidelines to practice for a healthy and peaceful way of life.
• The new methodology of Assessment was spoken with clarity by teacher Reshma.
The entire orientation was supported by power point presentation. At the end, a few minutes were spared to clear the doubts. Teacher Jenitha emceed the programme and teacher Sunitha delivered the vote of thanks. The orientation was well appreciated by the parents.