Daijiworld Media Network - Washington
Washington, May 19: US President Donald Trump has reportedly delayed a planned military strike on Iran following renewed diplomatic efforts and appeals from Gulf nations to allow more time for negotiations.
According to international media reports, leaders of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates urged Washington to avoid immediate military action and continue diplomatic engagement with Tehran.
Trump reportedly said the strike had been postponed for “two or three days” as discussions appeared to be progressing towards a possible agreement.

Reports further stated that Iran had submitted a revised peace proposal to the United States through intermediaries, including Pakistan. The proposal is said to include measures aimed at reducing tensions, reopening the Strait of Hormuz and discussing sanctions relief, while broader talks over Iran’s nuclear programme continue.
Despite delaying the strike, Trump reportedly warned that the US military remained prepared for a “full-scale assault” if negotiations failed to achieve an acceptable outcome.
The developments come amid rising tensions in West Asia and growing concerns over global oil supplies. Reports said crude oil prices declined after news emerged that the planned US strike on Iran had been put on hold.