Daijiworld Media Network – Washington
Washington, Aug 20: US President Donald Trump has warned countries against providing financial or logistical assistance to Iran, saying those supporting the Islamic Republic will face “tremendous economic consequences” amid the ongoing conflict.
In a lengthy post on Truth Social on Wednesday, Trump described the ongoing US action against Iran as the “most crushing economic operation ever taken against any country” and urged American allies to stand with Washington in isolating Tehran.

Trump specifically warned against oil smuggling, swap lines, cash transfers, exchange houses, ship registries and the use of front companies to assist Iran. He called on those involved in such activities to stop immediately.
The US President reiterated that Iran cannot be allowed to acquire a nuclear weapon. He claimed that Iran's navy, air force and military had been destroyed and said the country was “hanging by a thread”.
Speaking at an event earlier on Wednesday, Trump also praised the US naval blockade of Iran, describing it as highly successful. He maintained that oil prices had remained largely stable despite disruptions caused by the conflict.
Trump's warning comes as the US considers imposing further sanctions on Iran. Washington and Tehran have been engaged in military hostilities since February 28, with the conflict continuing to fuel tensions across the region.
Meanwhile, a report has claimed that the US could consider halting its military action if Iran agrees to reopen the Strait of Hormuz. Iran, however, has said it is preparing for a prolonged conflict and is ready to continue the confrontation until the end of Trump's presidency in 2028.