Daijiworld Media Network - Sanaa
Sanaa, Aug 21: Yemen’s Houthi group on Thursday claimed it had carried out two drone attacks targeting an airport and an oil facility in Saudi Arabia’s southern region of Najran.
In a statement on X, Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree said the group launched two drone strikes, one targeting a “sensitive target” at Najran airport and the other hitting a facility belonging to Saudi state oil giant Aramco.
Saree claimed that both attacks “achieved their objectives”, without providing further details about possible casualties or damage.

The strikes were carried out in response to what the group described as Saudi drone incursions into the airspace over Yemen’s northern province of Saada, a Houthi stronghold bordering Saudi Arabia, Xinhua News Agency reported.
There was no immediate comment from Saudi authorities or Aramco on the Houthi claims.
The latest claims come amid escalating tensions between the Houthis and Saudi Arabia.
Meanwhile, Yemeni government forces said on Thursday that they had carried out 81 military operations against Houthi positions over the past 24 hours, as fighting between the two sides continued to intensify across several fronts in the war-torn country.
Majid al-Nuzaili, spokesperson for the government forces, said in a press statement that the operations targeted Houthi members and positions along multiple frontlines, killing or wounding a number of them, including field commanders.
Al-Nuzaili said the operations were conducted in response to repeated Houthi attacks on government forces and civilian infrastructure.
The Houthis have yet to comment on the government’s claims.
On July 20, the Houthi group announced a maritime ban on Saudi shipping, citing what it alleged was a Saudi blockade of Houthi-held areas. Since then, the Houthis have claimed a series of attacks on Saudi tankers, energy facilities and airports, while also intensifying missile and drone strikes on government-held areas in Yemen.
Yemen has been mired in conflict since late 2014, when the Houthis seized much of northern Yemen, including the capital Sanaa, prompting a Saudi-led coalition to intervene in 2015 in support of the Yemeni government.