Mangaluru, Mar 12: St Aloysius College (autonomous) School of Information Technology and Bio-informatics, under the banner Computer Society of India and ICT Academy, will on March 14 and 15 host the national level intercollegiate IT fest.
This will be the 19th edition of the EpITome; Engineering and IT colleges will participate in this two day fest.
Praveen Kumar Kalbhavi, co-founder, MD and CEO of Novigo Solutions Pvt Ltd, Mangaluru will inaugurate this two-day programme. The inaugural programme will commence at 9.15 am on March 14 at the Arthur Shenoi auditoriumof AIMIT campus.
The programme will be presided over by Fr Dr Praveen Martis SJ, principal of St Aloysius College (autonomous), Mangaluru along with Fr Denzil Lobo SJ, director of AIMIT campus.
Epitome has Tech Team – Building A Team for an IT company, IT Quiz, Coding, Gaming, Web Designing, Photography and Videography, Treasure Hunt, Mobile App Development, IT Manager, Marketing and Business Idea related contests. These competitions will test the technical and managerial skills of the Engineering and IT graduates, which are most essential skills at the workplace.
The valedictory programme will be held at 4.15 pm on March 15 at the same venue. F V Tauro, asst general manager of Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd, Mangaluru will be the chief guest and Fr Melwin Mendonca SJ, principal of St Aloysius PU College, Mangaluru will be the guest of honor. The programme will be presided over by Fr Denzil Lobo SJ, director, AIMIT, Beeri, Mangaluru.
St Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology is situated in a state-of–the-art campus at Kotekar, Beeri, Mangaluru. The School of Information Technology and Bioinformatics offers Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) – three year programme and two year lateral entry programme; MSc Software Technology, MSc Bioinformatics, PGDCA and newly introduced MSC Big Data Analytics.
AIMIT - School of Information Technology
The courses give more emphasis on choice based credit system, industry – Academia collaborated elective papers, training on campus placement and higher studies, alumni interaction and working closely with the professional teams, research and consultancy by the faculty and students through special interest groups, industry visits, student social responsibility initiatives and focus on entrepreneurship to create a better start up eco system
• Several Industry Academia collaborations such as Infosys, IBM, Microsoft, Dell-EMC, Unicourt, Prime Focus Technologies, Code Craft etc
• The school is the recipient of prestigious 'Business School with Best Academic Input (syllabus) in Information Technology' award from the Business School Affaire and Dewang Mehta National Education Awards on in 2015 -2018
• The school has been recognized as the Bioinformatics facility by the department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India, New Delhi
• The department is also recognized for the Big Data Analytics Research for the Health Informatics by the VGST, Govt of Karnataka
• The School of IT maintained high percentage of campus placements from various companies.
• Strong collaboration with foreign universities for students higher education, students and faculty exchange programmes in USA, Belgium, Japan, Mexico
• The institute promotes entrepreneurship through its unique design school/E-Cell in collaboration with Wadhwani Foundation International.
Epitome 2019 with its theme 'Pirates of the Caribbean' is an IT Fest aimed at showcasing the talent of youngsters in the field of Information Technology and Bioinformatics. Twelve individual categories are organized, that will run parallel during the two-day fest for selecting the best talent.
The public are cordially invited to attend the programme.
Who can participate: MCA / BE / BTech (Comp Sc / IS) / MTech/ MSc
Dates: March 14, 15
Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT)
St Aloysius College (autonomous)
Beeri, Kotekar Post