Mangaluru, Nov 29: The College of Education under Srinivas University since 2018, has the aim of developing dynamic teachers who can take up the responsibility of moulding the life of youngsters to become responsible citizens. The college imparts innovative and qualitative professional education through committed and experienced faculty members to the aspiring teachers with modern, sophisticated techniques of teaching yet without losing the flavor of traditional teaching methodology.
Previously, the college has a record of 100 percent results with many ranks under Mangalore University Examinations for about 12 years. Now it is affiliated to Srinivas University. Hostel facility is available for students. Fees structure is reasonable.
Even during the pandemic, we have made our student teachers to sustain along with the academic calendar without losing the precious time through an effective virtual teaching mode.
The college is formally approved by National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) and recognized by Karnataka state government CAC (Central Admission Cell) Code no 43007 for the intake of govt quota seats.
Any Bachelor or post graduate degree with aggregate of 50 percent marks and 45 percent for SC, ST and category 1.
Scope of the Course:
The Bachelor degree in Education is a professional degree and prepares students to enter the professional world of teaching. BEd programme will open doors to multiple teaching opportunities in various disciplines since the eligibility to join the course is open for graduates and post graduates of any discipline both at school and higher education level.
The university’s strong has alumni network endeavors to support our students in their initial years of professional lives as teachers. We have an active placement service through interviews organized by different schools in the campus. Advertisements from different schools are exhibited in the bulletin board.
• Opportunity to be a teacher in any Government, Private, aided, ICSE and CBSE schools of India and also abroad for all the graduate teachers.
• Opportunity to be a teaching faculty in PU as well as Degree Colleges of Government and Private Institutions both in India and abroad.
• Opportunity to do Post graduation in Education and followed by Multidisciplinary Research in Education.
Why one should join BEd at Srinivas University?
Once students join the institution they are trained and equipped with all the competencies and skills along with technological knowledge.
• The syllabus is refined every year according to the requirement of the new trends and innovations expected from the society. Value based curriculum provided under the guidance of qualified and experienced faculty.
• We have one full semester internship, where students are given hands on experience in both govt and private educational institutions.
• Active campus placement cell for the students
• Special Training in ICT (Information & Communication Technology)
• Opportunity to participate and present papers in National and International coferences
• Guidelines and mock tests conducted to clear TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) within two years of BEd.
• Training in communicative English to help the students to teach effectively in English.
• Guidelines to face competitive exams of UPSC, NET, KSET and other professional examinations.
• Training in Yoga, Music, Drama, sports & Community Services through NSS and NCC
• MOU with Educational institutions for practical experience of the students.
Admissions for the batch of 2022 is under process and only few seats are available. Classes will be commencing from January first week. For more details one can contact college office no 0824- 2447388 or Mobile no 9845668083.