Puttur, Sep 12: Students of St Philomena PU College, Puttur raised the flag of honour by participating and securing medals in various events held at the District Level Dasara Sports Meet, organized jointly by Dakshina Kannada district administration, Zilla Panchayat, Youth Empowerment and Sports department, Dakshina Kannada, district Physical Education Directors Association, District Youth Association and Mangalore Metropolitan Corporation.
The correspondent, Fr Lawrence Mascarenhas, the campus director of St Philomena Institutions, Fr Stany Pinto, the principal, Fr Ashok Rayan Crasta and the staff members congratulated the following students:
1) M S Chaithanya(II PCMC) secured Silver Medal in 100 mtrs hurdles and Bronze Medals in 4x100 mtrs Relay and 4x400 mtrs Relay.
2) Chaithrika M (II PCMB 'B') secured Bronze Medals in 400 mtrs Race, 4x400 mtrs Relay and 4x100 mtrs Relay.
3) Navyashree G(II HEPS) secured Bronze Medals in 1500 mtrs Race and 4x400 mtrs Relay.
4) Dimple S. Bangera (II PCMC 'C') secured Silver medal in 100 mtrs Race, Bronze medal in 4x100 mtrs Relay.
5)Anagha K.(I PCMB) secured Bronze Medal in 4x100 mtrs Relay.
6) Adarsh Shetty (I ECBA) secured Bronze Medal in High Jump.