Puttur, Sep 13: Students of St Philomena PU College, Puttur raised the flag of honour by participating and securing medals in Various events held in the Taluk Level Dasara Sports Meet jointly organized by Dakshina Kannada district administration, Zilla Panchayat, Youth Empowerment and Sports Department, Dakshina Kannada Taluk Panchayat, Puttur, Block Education Officer, Puttur, Muncipality, Puttur, Taluk Youth Association, Puttur, and Vishnu Youth Shakti Association, Majaradka.
The correspondent, Fr Lawrence Mascarenhas, the campus director of St Philomena Institutions, Fr Stany Pinto, the principal, Fr Ashok Rayan Crasta and the staff members congratulated the following students:
1) M S Chaithanya (II PCMC 'C') secured Gold medals in 100 mtrs hurdles, 4×400 mtrs Relay and 4x100 mtrs Relay.
2) Dimple S Bangera (II PCMC) secured Gold medals in 100 mtrs race and 4x100 mtrs Relay . Silver medal in 200 mtrs race .
3) Chaithrika M ( II PCMB 'B') secured Gold medals in 400 mtrs race,High jump, 4×100 mtrs Relay and 4×400 mtrs Relay.
4) Navyashree G ( II HEPS) secured Gold medal in 3000 mtrs Race,1500 mtrs race and 4x400 mtrs Relay.
5) Anagha K (I PCMB) secured Gold medal in 4x400 mtrs Relay and Silver medal in 200 mtrs Race .
6) Mahesh B (II SEBA 'A') secured Silver medals in 5km Race and 1500 mtrs Race.
7) K R Yashwin ( I SEBA 'B') secured Bronze Medal in High Jump.
8) Keerthan C ( II SEBA 'A')secured Silver medals in 200 mtrs Race and 4x100 mtrs Relay. Bronze Medal in 100 mtrs Race.
9) Adarsh Shetty (I ECBA) secured Silver medal in High Jump.