Byndoor: Man electrocuted in front of house

Silvester D’Souza

Daijiworld Media Network – Byndoor (MS)

Byndoor, May 19: A man died after accidentally touching a fallen electrical wire in front of his house in Hadavinakone, Shiroor village.

The deceased, identified as Kurudi Irshad (52) of Mudrumakki, came into contact with the live wire on the Hadavinakone-Mudrumakki route. The wire had snapped due to high-velocity winds and rain that lashed the area on Saturday night. Irshad stepped on the wire while coming out of his house to dispose of a dead rat, resulting in his electrocution.

Mescom cut off the power supply immediately after being informed of the incident. Irshad's body was taken to the hospital for a post-mortem examination. He is survived by his wife and four children.

Byndoor assistant engineer of Mescom, Yashawant, and his team visited the site to gather information. Zilla Panchayat former president S. Raju Poojary, Shiroor leader Mohammed, and others were also present.

A case has been registered at the Byndoor police station.




Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai-Mangalore

    Mon, May 20 2024

    Such accidents are very common in this place irrespective of the weather; even many of their linemen too perish by electrocution...forget about innocent people who fall prey to such HT wires laid haphazardly hanging on overloaded poles...

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai/Mangalore

    Sun, May 19 2024

    This sloppy company should be sued for gross negligence of service; 100% chance that the claim will be upheld by the honorable courts!!

    DisAgree Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai-Mangalore

    Sun, May 19 2024

    Worst power utility company with stone age technology, equipment, and personnel!!

    DisAgree [1] Agree [7] Reply Report Abuse

  • real kujuma, kodial

    Sun, May 19 2024

    one more avoidable incident in third world highly corrupt country...seems till eternity this desh will not have underground cables....

    DisAgree [10] Agree [8] Reply Report Abuse

  • Saravanabhavaan, Murukaveri

    Sun, May 19 2024

    FIR and case should be registered against Mescom and its negelct officials including MD, MGM.

    DisAgree [3] Agree [8] Reply Report Abuse

  • Saif, INDIA

    Sun, May 19 2024

    inna lillaahi wa'inna ilaihi raa'jioon

    DisAgree [2] Agree [5] Reply Report Abuse


    Sun, May 19 2024

    Due to strong winds and rain, such accidents were happening. Be cautious. 😊. May Allah grant him eternal rest.

    DisAgree [3] Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title: Byndoor: Man electrocuted in front of house

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.