Mangaluru: Alert young girl saves classmate from electrocution

Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru (MS)

Mangaluru, Jun 20: An alert young girl demonstrated exemplary presence of mind by saving her classmate from electrocution recently in Ira village near Mudipu.

Sharafiya, a fifth-grade student at the government primary school in Ira, suffered an electric shock while switching off a fan during the lunch break. Fatimatul Ashfiya, Sharafiya's classmate, noticed her leaning motionless against the wall. Without hesitation, Fatimatul Ashfiya flung a plate from her lunch towards Sharafiya's hand, preventing further harm. Sharafiya sustained only a minor bruise on her hand.

Fatimatul Ashfiya

Sonika, the school's headmistress, remarked, “When Sharafiya experienced an electric shock, Fatimatul Ashfiya displayed bravery and prevented a potentially fatal incident.”

Mujib Rehman, father of Fatimatul Ashfiya, expressed pride in his daughter for her courageous act in saving another girl's life.





Top Stories

Comment on this article

Leave a Comment

Title: Mangaluru: Alert young girl saves classmate from electrocution

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.