Chinese delegation cancel their visit to DefExpo over NCoV scare


New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS): The Chinese delegation has cancelled their visit to the 11th edition of the biennial mega defence exhibition, DefExpo 2020, due to the coronavirus scare, sources said on Tuesday.

Last week, the government had said that the delegates coming from coronavirus-affected countries for DefExpo 2020 in Uttar Pradesh's Lucknow will undergo proper screening.

"We are aware about coronavirus. We will have made necessary arrangements. We will follow the standard operating process. Screening will be done as part of the national efforts," Union Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar had said on January 31.

Kumar made the remarks while explaining the modalities about the DefExpo 2020 which is slated to begin on Wednesday till Sunday.

 

  

Top Stories


Leave a Comment

Title: Chinese delegation cancel their visit to DefExpo over NCoV scare



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.