Evacuation corridors to open in Ukraine's Sumy region


Kiev, Mar 15 (IANS): Ukrainian authorities said that evacuation corridors will operate from four cities in the Sumy region, where heavy fighting has continued since Russia's war started on February 24.

In a social media post, Dmytro Zhyvytskyi, head of the Sumy Regional State Administration, said the corridors from the cities of Konotop, Shostka, Trostyanets, and Lebedyn will be operational from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.

No evacuation took place in the region on Monday due to continued Russian attacks, said Ukayinska Pravda newspaper.

Last week, approximately 5,000 civilians, including 1,700 foreign students - many of them from India - were evacuated from Sumy through a humanitarian corridor towards Poltava.

Sumy, located near the Russian border, has been subject to heavy shelling with reports of power and water cut off since Russia invaded.

 

  

Top Stories


Leave a Comment

Title: Evacuation corridors to open in Ukraine's Sumy region



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.