Daijiworld Media Network – Udupi (KR)
Udupi, Oct 2: On the auspicious occasion of Deepavali, Daijiworld Udupi, Kishoo Enterprises in association with St Mary’s English Medium School (CBSE), Kannarpady, will hold ‘Rangina Rangoli – 22’, a rangoli making competition for the general public.
The competition, which is being organised for the third time, will be held on Sunday, October 16, on the premises of the St Mary’s English Medium School, Kannarpady.
Rangoli is a traditional art form, which is part of the daily routine in one’s life which can be seen in front of many houses. During the festival season, varieties of Rangolis can be seen and they form an essential part of various functions and religious rituals.
Rangoli is also known by different names based on state and culture. It has its own significance. It represents happiness, positivity and liveliness of that household.
Rules for ‘Rangina Rangoli’ competition
• The competition is open to all (no age bar), anyone can take part in the competition
• Rangoli design should not exceed 4*4 ft
• Maximum 2 hours will be provided to complete the Rangoli
• Only powder (colours) has to be used in the competition
• Participants need to bring their materials
• For creative designs, additional weightage will be given
• The judges’ decision will be final
The first, second and third prize winners will be awarded cash prizes along with trophies and certificates. There will be three consolation prizes also. All participants will be given certificate of participation.
The last date for the registration is Monday, October 10
For registration and more information, contact:
3rd Floor, Mandavi Trade Centre,
Ph: +91 73386 37688/+91 73386 37682/+91 73386 37683