Daijiworld Media Network - New Delhi
New Delhi, May 24: The Government of India has advised citizens to avoid non-essential travel to Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda and South Sudan amid the evolving Ebola outbreak situation in the region.
The advisory also urged Indian citizens currently residing in or travelling to these countries to strictly follow public health guidelines issued by local authorities and maintain heightened precautions.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said India has not reported any case of Ebola disease so far.

Authorities said the situation is being closely monitored and necessary preventive measures are in place to safeguard public health.
Ebola is a highly infectious viral disease that spreads through direct contact with infected bodily fluids and has caused several outbreaks in parts of Africa over the years.
Health authorities have advised travellers to remain alert, maintain hygiene protocols and immediately seek medical attention if symptoms such as fever, weakness or bleeding are observed after travel to affected regions.