Daijiworld Media Network - Jaipur
Jaipur, Aug 18: Panic gripped Jaipur on Tuesday after a threatening call claimed that a bomb had been planted at the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO), prompting police and security agencies to launch an extensive search operation.
The call was received at the Jaipur Control Room. DCP (South) Rajarshi Raj reached the CMO to assess the situation, while teams from the police, dog squad, Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) were deployed at the premises.
Officials said the building was thoroughly searched for around four-and-a-half hours, but no suspicious object was found.

Meanwhile, Vidhayakpuri police traced the phone number used to make the threat and arrested the accused, identified as 38-year-old Lala Kothyari, a resident of Sawai Madhopur.
According to preliminary information, Kothyari allegedly made the threatening call while under the influence of intoxicants. Police are interrogating him to ascertain the exact motive and circumstances behind the call.
The search operation at the CMO began around 10.30 am after the threat was received. Security personnel checked different sections of the building as a precautionary measure.
This was not the first bomb threat received by the Rajasthan Chief Minister’s Office. On July 26, 2025, a threat was issued to blow up both the CMO and Jaipur International Airport. Security agencies conducted searches at both locations, but no suspicious object was found.
The Rajasthan High Court has also been repeatedly targeted by bomb threats. On July 13, 2026, the High Court administration received an email claiming that six gelatin bombs had been planted, although the message said there was no intention to harm the public.
Officials said the Jaipur Bench of the High Court had received 13 threats over eight months. These included threats on October 31, 2025, followed by December 5, 8, 9 and 10 and 11. In 2026, similar threats were reported on February 6, 17, 19 and 20, followed by March 17 and April 13.
On June 16, 2025, The Palace School at Jaleb Chowk in Jaipur received a bomb threat through email. The message was noticed the following day as the school was closed when it arrived. The administration informed police, who subsequently conducted searches.
Earlier, on August 19, 2024, Delhi Public School and Pink Square Mall in Adarsh Nagar received bomb threats on the same day. Security teams searched both locations for several hours, but no explosive device was found.
On June 19, 2024, Pareek School in Chandpole received an email threatening a blast. Teams from the Bomb Disposal Squad, ATS and Special Operations Group (SOG) reached the location and carried out searches.
On May 13, 2024, the anniversary of the Jaipur serial blasts, threats were issued against 56 schools under the Jaipur Commissionerate. School principals reportedly received emails claiming that bombs had been planted inside their buildings.
Officials said the repeated threats have prompted security agencies to maintain heightened vigilance around government offices, educational institutions and other sensitive locations across Jaipur.