New Delhi/ Mumbai, July 13: Mumbai was resiliently back on its feet on Tuesday even as the full extent of the havoc caused by yesterday's terror attack unfolded to reveal a death toll of 200 while the police claimed to have found "some leads" in their investigations.
The night after the worst terror attack in the country in 13 years, which also left over 700 people injured, the financial capital bounced back to normal with train services plying as usual and colleges and schools remaining open.
Unfazed by the death and destruction, suburban trains were packed with commuters as thousands of people made their way to offices and workspot.
Mumbai and the rest of Maharashtra remained on red alert and tight security prevailed in airport and railwaystations, offices and commercial establishments including banks and the sensex ignored terror attacks to notch more than 300 points to surge near the 11,000 mark.
Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil told the state Assembly that 200 were killed and 714 people were injured in yesterday's blasts that took place in the first class compartment of six trains and one on a platform.
State Director General of Police P S Pasricha told reporters that "some leads" had been found in the probe into the blasts but no no arrests had been made.
"Taking into account the modus operandi of the blasts, it is possible that the Lashker-e-Taiba could be involved in the terrorist act," he said.
However, he said it would be "too premature" to say with certainty that the LeT was involved. "We are getting our own leads, while the Intelligence Bureau is giving us some information,"