SP takes potshots at BJP after Legislative Council poll loss


Lucknow, Jan 24 (IANS): The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh Saturday took potshots at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) after its second candidate for the Legislative Council poll held Friday lost.

SP spokesman and cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhary said the outcome had proved yet again that the Modi magic was on the wane in the state.

"I advise the state unit of the BJP to not have blind faith in the Modi wave and realise that the ground beneath their feet is slipping in Uttar Pradesh," Chowdhary said.

He added that the BJP had lost all the seats it held in the state assembly bypoll late last year and recently the cantonment board election.

"The people of the state are waking up to the reality that the SP government under Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was not only the best suited for communal harmony but also for the development of the state," the cabinet minister said.

He also accused the BJP of using money to get their second candidate elected but ultimately failed miserably in the process.

 

  

Top Stories


Leave a Comment

Title: SP takes potshots at BJP after Legislative Council poll loss



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.