Andhra woman in China requests Indian govt to evacuate citizens left behind


Daijiworld Media Network - Wuhan (SHP)

Wuhan, Feb 3: Annem Jyothi, a 20-year-old woman from Andhra Pradesh, was one of the six Indians who were asked to stay back by the Chinese immigrants after reportedly having high body temperature. Over 654 people were evacuated in two batches on Air India flights among there were seven Maldivian citizens. As per officials, 10 Indians in total have been stopped from returning to India, due to their high temperature.

In a report by TNM, Jyothi was quoted as saying, “After being asked to stay back on Saturday, the Indian embassy officials told us that we can take the second flight on Sunday. But the next day, they called and informed us that we will not be able to take the second flight either, as Chinese officials have not agreed to allow us to board the flight because of the previous day’s body check.”

 

Jyothi released a video where she requested the Indian government to help evacuate those who were left behind. In the video, Jyothi can be heard saying, “We request our government to take us back to India. We are ready to prove that we do not have any symptoms and that we are safe and healthy."

Stating that Chinese immigration officials were stopping anyone with a body temperature above 37 degrees Celsius (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit) from boarding the flight, Jyothi claimed that her temperature had been around 37.5 degrees Celsius (99.5 degrees Fahrenheit).

Jyothi was in Wuhan for training for a job with an optoelectronics company and was set to leave along with her colleagues. However, she and another colleague from Andhra Pradesh were left behind, along with four other Indians from other states and universities in Wuhan. Four more were left behind in the second batch of Indians who were airlifted on Sunday. Her mother and her fiance, who are in her hometown of Ernapadu in Kurnool district, are anxious about her return.

PTI reported that those people who were stopped from boarding the flights to India may be quarantined to undergo tests to determine whether they have symptoms of the coronavirus. Indian Ambassador to China Vikram Misri reportedly said that there may still be about 100 Indians remaining in the Hubei province, for which Wuhan is the provincial capital.

Meanwhile, the Indian Embassy announced that the evacuated citizens will have to undergo mandatory health tests before the flight and will be placed in a 14-day quarantine after reaching India in special camps.

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article


Leave a Comment

Title: Andhra woman in China requests Indian govt to evacuate citizens left behind



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.