Puttur: 2.5-year-old child dies after accidentally consuming rat poison


Daijiworld Media Network – Puttur (MS)

Puttur, Jun 20: In a tragic incident that occurred at Kemar of Bajathur village in the taluk here on Sunday June 20, a two-and-a-half-year-old girl died after accidentally consuming rat poison.

The deceased has been identified as Shreya, daughter of Saiju, ex-serviceman, and Deepti. They are residents of Kemar.


The parents of the deceased child were cleaning their dog's kennel, and cleared all things that had been kept on top. There was an old tube of rat poison too. As the parents were busy cleaning, the child without their knowledge consumed the rat poison thinking it was some eatable.

The child started vomiting around afternoon and was taken to Uppinangady hospital, and later shifted to a private hospital in Puttur. As the condition of the child deteriorated she was shifted to a private hospital in Mangaluru for advanced treatment. However, by then the child had breathed her last.

Deceased Shreya is survived by her parents and brother Sion.

 

 

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • k b r, Mangala Uru

    Mon, Jun 21 2021

    I smell a rat here... parents have to be booked for negligence... if the parents were around, they would have noticed child taking the rat poison in hand... probably they were inside when this happened...

    DisAgree [2] Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Fernandes, Mangalore

    Mon, Jun 21 2021

    SAN, Mangalore, once again you are pointing out the parents. Before commenting, read the news article twice,, thrice till you are in position of understanding each and every sentence and word of it. "The parents of the deceased child were cleaning their dog's kennel, and cleared all things that had been kept on top. There was an old tube of rat poison too. As the parents were busy cleaning, the child without their knowledge consumed the rat poison thinking it was some eatable"

    DisAgree Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • S Shetty, Tulunaad

    Mon, Jun 21 2021

    Very Sad, Om Shanti

    DisAgree Agree [4] Reply Report Abuse

  • Alwyn, Mangalore

    Mon, Jun 21 2021

    Receive in peace the soul of Your little servant Shreya, for You Yourself have said, "Let the little children come to Me, for such is the Kingdom of Heaven." Amen.

    DisAgree Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse

  • SAN, Mangaluru

    Sun, Jun 20 2021

    Cant believe a child can on its own consume so much rat poison so as to cause death....sounds fishy.

    DisAgree [21] Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse

  • Fernandes, Mangalore

    Mon, Jun 21 2021

    Dear San, don't pass silly comments "sounds fishy" No where in the news article it mentioned "so much rat poison...........". From where you got so much rat poison baby consumed.? Poison is poison small or big quantity. Some time small quantity also proves fatal if one's stomach is empty. Considering the age of the kid, minor qty is also enough for fatal results. Please console the parents who lost their kid.

    DisAgree Agree [12] Reply Report Abuse

  • SAN, Mangaluru

    Mon, Jun 21 2021

    Mr.Fernandes, there is nothing to console the parents as they are solely responsible for the death. No one would keep poison in reach of a 2.5 year old child. Even cockroach hit we keep well away from children....thats parents responsibility.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rita, Germany

    Sun, Jun 20 2021

    Very tragic and sad.Poor child was not knowing and consumed it.Here we can almost say prents negligence killed that girl.Children find quickly such things however you avoid.Kindly keep it under lock where small children are there.Even medicines too.Didnt they know what she ate?May this childs soul rest in Heaven .Hard for parents.They may make life long feel sorry .Now noone can put it back.Heartfelt sympathy to them.May God give them enough strength to bear their pain.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [14] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Nallasopara

    Sun, Jun 20 2021

    Rest in Peace ...

    DisAgree [2] Agree [10] Reply Report Abuse

  • Ajay Rebello, Kallianpur

    Sun, Jun 20 2021

    Rat poison can be cured by vitamin K1 injection followed by 1 week of tablets twice daily. I saved my two dogs that way. In western countries it is a common problem.

    DisAgree [9] Agree [14] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rajesh, Udupi

    Sun, Jun 20 2021

    Very sad, gross negligence on the parents part.

    DisAgree [4] Agree [18] Reply Report Abuse

  • Wilfred, karnataka

    Sun, Jun 20 2021

    Very Sad and bad,child is innocent but parent should be careful even they are burdened with tension and busy life , Life will not come back !

    DisAgree Agree [24] Reply Report Abuse

  • Dr Kumari Kusuma Gunji, Nellore Kodyadka

    Sun, Jun 20 2021

    very sad

    DisAgree [1] Agree [17] Reply Report Abuse


Leave a Comment

Title: Puttur: 2.5-year-old child dies after accidentally consuming rat poison



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image