Daijiworld Media Network - Chandigarh
Chandigarh, Feb 17: Several schools in Mohali, Punjab, received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, triggering panic and prompting immediate anti-sabotage operations by the police. The threatening messages also mentioned Fortis Hospital Mohali, officials said.
A senior police officer stated that following the threat, extensive checks were carried out at the hospital and the affected schools. While non-essential services at the hospital were temporarily suspended as a precautionary measure, essential services continued without disruption.

Security had already been heightened in and around Fortis Hospital after Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Mann was re-admitted on Monday evening, hours after being discharged, reportedly due to exhaustion, sources said.
Police teams conducted detailed searches at the schools that received the emails. On Wednesday, as many as sixteen private schools in Mohali were reported to have received similar threats, leading to evacuation of students and staff as a precaution.
However, after thorough inspection of all the premises, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.
The latest incident comes close on the heels of similar bomb threats reported in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and parts of Haryana in recent days. Authorities confirmed that all previous threats were found to be hoaxes.
Investigations are underway to trace the source of the emails and ensure the safety of educational institutions and public establishments in the region.