Mumbai, Apr 4: A Mumbai police probe, into the 'wardrobe malfunction' at Lakme Fashion Week, has given a clean chit to the dress designers and organizers, with the concerned models on Tuesday telling the police that the incidents were an "unintentional accident" and was blown out of proportion.
Models Carol Gracias and Gauhar Khan, who faced some embarrassing moments at the recently concluded fashion week after their clothes slipped off on the ramp, told the police that they did not find anybody responsible for the incidents, and did not wish to seek police intervention, the police said.
DCP Sanjay Aparanti of the Social Service Branch of the Mumbai police interrogated the models, dress designers and the show organisers for over 16 hours last night following an uproar in the legislature about the 'show of obscenity' during the Fashion Week.
In his report, DCP Aparanti has said that the incident was an accident, and neither the dress designers nor the show organisers were responsible.
"The dress designers Binoo Sehgal and Lasel Symones were apologetic about the incident," DCP Aparanti told reporters, adding that the models, dress designers and organisers all feel alike that the issue was blown out of proportion.
The dress designers said that their reputation has been at stake following the incident, and henceforth they would ensure that such instances do not recur, DCP Aparanti said.
The probe came following the announcement by Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister R R Patil yesterday, that action will be taken if the incident was found intentional.
After the announcement in the legislature, the Mumbai police summoned models Carol Gracias and Gauhar Khan, dress designers Binoo Sehgal and Lasel Symones, and show organisers Arjun Iyer (IMG) and Ashok Gupta (Hindustan Lever).
Carol and Gauhar were questioned first to find out if they had any complaint against anybody. Subsequently, the DCP asked all of them to give written replies to a questionnaire consisting of 15 questions.
"We told Carol and Gauhar that if they had any complaint against anybody, the entire focus of investigations would change and the police would not hesitate to book those guilty," DCP Aparanti said. However, both models said they did not smell anything fishy, he added.
According to the DCP, the probe would act as a deterrent to show organisers in future, and hoped that organisers henceforth would take necessary steps to ensure that such embarrassment is not repeated.
The Lakme Fashion Show, held in the city last week, featured 28 brands, with 38 female and eight male models showcasing the products.