Daijiworld Media Network - Bengaluru (SP)
Bengaluru, Nov 27: The state government has decided to affect a 20 percent cut in this year's SSLC syllabus. This reduction is being made in order to compensate for the delayed start of the new academic year.
A 30 percent cut had been affected in the SSLCLC and PU syllabus last year for the same reason. There was pressure from the teaching staff and the parents to cut down on the lessons this time too.
Primary and secondary education minister, B C Nagesh, confirmed that this decision was taken to ensure that the next academic year begins on schedule. He said that it has been decided to hold the SSLC examination either during the end of March or first week of April. He said that the delayed start of the schools had posed a challenge for the teachers to complete the teaching in time. He noted that this also resulted in additional burden for the children, and that the officials will be instructed to complete the syllabus by taking into account teaching days available till the end of March next year.
B C Nagesh
The minister noted that delay in SSLC examination will impact second PU, CET and NEET examinations. This will in turn impact the next year's admission process. These facts have been taken into account in arriving at the said decision, he stated.
The minister said that the desirability of cutting down the syllabus for the second PU will be considered sometime later as there is time till May for holding PU examination.