Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru (MS)
Mangaluru, May 22: Over 30 girl students of a private nursing college in the city fell ill due to suspected food poisoning.
It is said that due to the water crisis this mishap has occurred. Parents of the students say that this is the second time in two months that the students have taken ill due to food poisoning.
Some students reportedly vomited, had dysentery and severe stomach ache. It is learnt that the students who fell sick were admitted to the hospital in the night and in the morning they were sent back to the hostel.
According to the parents of the sick students, the concerned health department officials said, “The exact reason behind food poisoning is not yet known. We visit all college hostels routinely from the district unit. We will investigate the matter.”