Daijiworld Media Network – Los Angeles
Los Angeles, Feb 19: Puerto Rican music icon Bad Bunny is set to headline the historical drama Porto Rico, marking his first leading role in a feature film.
The global superstar, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio, will star alongside acclaimed actors Edward Norton, Javier Bardem, and Viggo Mortensen, according to industry reports.

Described by the makers as an “epic Caribbean western” and a gripping narrative inspired by true events, Porto Rico explores the origins and complex history of Puerto Rico. The film will be directed by Grammy-winning Puerto Rican rapper Residente (Rene Perez Joglar), who will be making his feature directorial debut.
“I have dreamed of making a film about my country since I was a child. Puerto Rico's true history has always been surrounded by controversy. This film is a reaffirmation of who we we are — told with the intensity and honesty that our history deserves,” Perez Joglar said in a statement.
The film will be produced by Perez Joglar and Erick Douat under their banner, 1868 Studios.
Bad Bunny, who recently headlined the Super Bowl Halftime Show in a performance celebrating Puerto Rican culture, has previously appeared in the action thriller Bullet Train, starring Brad Pitt, and in Caught Stealing, directed by Darren Aronofsky.
Earlier this month, the chart-topping artist also made Grammy history by becoming the first Spanish-language artist to win Album of the Year for Debí Tirar Más Fotos, further cementing his place as one of the most influential figures in global entertainment.