After fake news of new ration card, Minister clarifies


New Delhi, Feb 7 (IANS): Noting that old ration card will remain valid throughout the country, Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan on Friday warned against spreading rumours and said that if needed, he would request the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the matter.

Paswan said that a fake letter had surfaced claiming that a new card under 'One Nation, One Ration Card' scheme would be issued and private vendors had been engaged for the same.

"A lot of rumours are going on. There is a fake letter in this regard. The middle man and others have been spreading rumours that private companies like Tata and Mahindra would be engaged for preparing the card. This is completely baseless," Paswan said while replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha.

He stressed that the existing card will be accepted across the country to get ration.

Paswan said that he had asked the department to look into the rumour and take action. Further, the department may refer the case to the CBI if needed.

The government has decided to implement the ambitious 'One Nation, One Ration card' scheme across the country by June 1 this year.

Paswan said that he had urged the states to take up the issue on priority so that the scheme could be implemented earlier than the cut-off date.

Under the scheme, eligible beneficiaries would get food grains from any Fair Price Shop in the country using the same ration card.

  

Top Stories


Leave a Comment

Title: After fake news of new ration card, Minister clarifies



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.