Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru (MS)
Mangaluru, Jul 19: A fire mishap occurred at a SSLC examination centre at Ullal on Monday July 19. The presence of mind of teachers, averted a major tragedy.
Fire was noticed in the laboratory of a private school at Babbukatte near here due to short circuit.
Within half an hour, thick smoke engulfed the examination room which was adjacent to the laboratory.
The teachers immediately shifted the students to a nearby building and prevented any loss of life.
The students continued writing the examination without any further disturbance. Fire service personnel of Ullal arrived on the spot and brought the fire under control.