Pics: Kevin Rodrigues
Daijiworld Media Network – Brahmavar (KR)
Brahmavar, Jan 13: Manipal is known as an education hub in the world. After Manipal, Brahmavar is the next education hub due to the number of reputed educational institutions in the taluk. Now, another feather is added its cap as G M Global School was launched at GM Global Village on Wednesday January 12.
Dr H S Ballal, pro-chancellor, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, launched the new school. Indira Ballal, Prakash Chandra Shetty, chairman, GM Education Trust, Pranav Shetty, principal, GM Global School and Tara Prakash Chandra Shetty, Venugopal Shetty and Tanya Shetty of the trust were present.
The trustees unveiled the 3D elevation of the school and Dr H S Ballal released the walkthrough video and admission brochure.
Addressing the gathering, Dr H S Ballal congratulated Prakash Chandra Shetty for his tremendous service to the society in the field of education in the rural areas. He said, “As we all know that the 21st century is the century of knowledge, education is the backbone for the growth of any county. As much as 70 % of the people stay in rural areas. When we compare the rural and urban areas, there will be a lot difference because of the facilities provided.
“Like former President Dr A P J Kalam advised providing the ‘PURA’ - provide urban facilities in rural areas, it is very important. GM Group is doing it since 2005. Education is very important and teachers play a very important role in moulding the children’s career.
“In the society, there are three types of people. Those who do not practice what they preach, people practicing exactly opposite what they preach and those who practice what they preach. The third type of people are less and increase in their number is important. GM Group is putting in their best efforts to increase the overall development.
“Seeing the unemployment of educated people, NEP 2020 is giving importance to the development of skills. Due to the gap between education and industry, a lot of educated people are unemployed.
“Updating the areas of specialization for teachers is very important. We must encourage students to ask questions. Encouraging other extra-curricular actives will help in the overall growth of a student,” he said.
Sachin Shetty and Prajwal were felicitated for logo design and 3D Module respectively.
Prakash Chandra Shetty welcomed the gathering and gave the key inputs of the event, and Pranav Shetty gave the key inputs on GM Global School and rendered the vote of thanks. Dr Vijayendra Rao compered the programme.
GM Global School – Birds eye view
• Founded under G M Global Educational Trust.
• G M Global School is designed to be a modern CBSE holistic residential school for students of Grade V onwards.
• State-of-the-art infrastructure with air-conditioned classrooms and hostel rooms.
• Fully equipped modern laboratories designed to expedite practical learning.
• 24/7 presence of teachers on the campus ensures accessibility to students and facilitates mentor-based learning.
• 2 swimming pools on campus. Main pool will be used for training and competitions. The other pool is equipped with slides and play equipment helping students to unwind and relax.
• G M Global School is an eco-friendly campus. It is powered by solar energy and follows conservation methods like rainwater harvesting, water recycling and composting.
• Students have the opportunity to develop their talents through a variety of club activities which are organised under various clubs like music, dance, art, sports, etc.
• A modern kitchen and well-trained staff ensure that the food prepared is healthy and nutritious to supplement the growth of students.
• Hostel rooms are allotted based on the preference of rooms. Option will be provided to the parents to select between AC & non-AC rooms.
• Students will be provided with a complimentary student tablet which will be preloaded with additional content for student reference. With the campus being Wi-Fi enabled, students also have the option to learn at their own pace after school hours.
• With a goal of being a truly Global School, students will be taught German as a foreign language allowing them to unlock the world outside from within their classrooms.