Daijiworld Media Network – Tehran
Tehran, May 19: Iranian lawmakers are reportedly discussing legislation that would offer large financial rewards for the assassination of US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, amid escalating tensions following recent military strikes involving Iran.
According to reports, Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of Iran’s National Security Commission, said lawmakers are preparing a bill titled “Reciprocal Action by Military and Security Forces of the Islamic Republic”.

The proposed legislation reportedly seeks to formalise a reward of 50 million euros for anyone responsible for killing Trump.
Iranian leaders have accused Trump, Netanyahu and Admiral Brad Cooper of the US Central Command of responsibility for the February 28 strike that allegedly killed Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
Azizi stated that those considered responsible must face “confrontation and reciprocal action”.
Mahmoud Nabavian, deputy chairman of the Iranian Parliament’s National Security Committee, also reportedly said parliament would soon vote on granting a “significant reward” for those targeting Trump and Netanyahu.
The move is being viewed as a major escalation, shifting such threats from political rhetoric and religious decrees into proposed formal parliamentary action.
Nabavian further warned that any future attacks on Iran or its leadership could trigger retaliation against the United States, Israel and regional governments aligned with them.
Reports noted that threats against Trump have surfaced repeatedly in Iran since the killing of Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani and have intensified following the reported death of Khamenei.
Several pro-regime campaigns have allegedly raised millions of dollars in bounty efforts targeting Trump, including one campaign reportedly titled “Blood Covenant”.
At the same time, Iranian officials indicated that indirect negotiations with Washington are continuing through diplomatic channels reportedly mediated by Pakistan.
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said multiple rounds of proposals had been exchanged between the two sides as part of ongoing peace efforts.
According to reports, discussions involve issues related to Iran’s nuclear programme, sanctions relief, regional military operations and broader security concerns in West Asia.
Meanwhile, speculation over renewed hostilities has grown amid reports that Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu attended high-level security meetings following rising tensions in the region.