Daijiworld Media Network – Bantwal (MS)
Bantwal, Feb 3: More than Rs 1.5 crore worth electrical appliances and electrical scooters were burnt in the fire that broke out at the shopping mall of electronic goods situated near Adalitha Soudha of the taluk on B C Road-Kaikunje Road on the morning of Thursday February 2.
Goods kept in two upper floors of the three floor shopping mall were reduced to ashes. First floor and basement of the shopping mall also had a huge stock of electronic appliances. However, it is learnt that not much damage is done for those.
It is said that the fire might have erupted due to an electrical short circuit. But the exact reason is not yet known. As the shopping mall is close to other buildings and houses, there was concern about the fire spreading to them. However, as the fire was contained in time by fire service engines that arrived from Bantwal, Kadri and Pandeshwar, no damage to nearby houses or buildings was reported.
According to the information given by fire service personnel, refrigerators, washing machines, eight to 10 electric scooters and furniture is badly burnt. The value is estimated to be more than Rs 1.5 crore.
Bantwal city police were on the spot and assisted in the operation.